Server Dates

• Hi,

We have developed and have been running a Database on several remote and a local server which displays UK dates, other than one server that we have no direct access to.

In all cases the date is queried in DD/MM/YYYY (zero filled ie 05/09/2007) and displays in that format but the server in question displays the date as MM/DD/YYYY (ie 9/5/2007).

Is there a setting on the server to guarantee the UK display ie BritishEnglish...:ermm:

Last resort would be to use convert to change the display format

• Usually the dateformatting should be done at the client level. If you need to use the same format irrespective of the client you can specify the SET DATEFORMAT just before the query or in the proc.

Dinakar Nethi
    Life is short. Enjoy it.

• Have you checked that that server's language property is set to British English? (SSMS, server properties, advanced?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply