Server Performance Monitoring

• Hi,

Is it possible to monitor performance of multiple server.

My question is If we have a group of registered server then can we set on server to monitor performance of all registered server.

Can we use resource governor/Activity Monitor or any other Sql server tool.?

Thanks in advance

KD

• If you have the enterprise level of SQL SErver 2008 or better, you can use the Data Collection, also known as the Management Data Warehouse, to collect performance metrics about multiple servers.

You can use Performance Monitor to collect from multiple servers, but you'll have to manage the data collected yourself.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

• Thanks for reply.

I create a MDW to capture different type of event on a central server, But when I view report, it show detail on one server only. Can you suggest me how I can view detail of all servers.

Thanks

KD

• Any Suggestion

• Take a look at utility control point, its more or less the same as MDW but spans multiple servers.

Plenty of information on it in BOL and MSDN.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply