Server Properties won't Display

• We have a situation with one of our servers in which the server properties won't display. When we right click on the server name, and then click properties (from within SQL 2000 Enterprise Manager), we see the properties window flash on the screen, then disappear. This occurs no matter what workstation we attempt this from, including the server itself, and only for that server. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you know a fix, short of re-installing SQL Server?

Steve Phelps

SQL Server DBA

American Fidelity Group

• I saw a situation close to this at a prior job.

We had applied a service pack to Sql Server (I don't remember which one. Might have even been a hotfix.) Anyway, we unregistered the dll's in the binn directory, copied the ones from the cd over, and registered them again, and it took care of the issue for us. It was a production server, and could not be re-installed at the time, was why we didn't just re-install to start with and after discussing the issue with microsoft reps, this was the direction they pointed us.

The thing about it is, we knew what caused our problem, and I'm not sure the same thing is applicable in your situation.....

Have yall installed any service packs or hot fixes recently?

If your not gonna help, Please move to the side, because if your not helping the situation, your hurting it....

• Can you check the properties with sp_configure with ISQLW

• Thank you for the responses. The situation has been resolved. It was discovered that one of our network administrators had been "messing" with the accounts that all of the services run under. Using Services in Control Panel, the accounts were reset to what they should be, and that took care of the problem.

Steve Phelps

SQL Server DBA

American Fidelity Group

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply