service account

• Hi list,

I was wondering if anyone can give me a hint on how to find out which service account option was used while installing sql server 2005 or 2008.

The server is installed and is running. I want to find out the service account option chosen when it was installed. I hope my question is understandable.

Thanks indeed

Niyala

• You can find it in the install bootstrap files:

e.g in the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Files\SQLSetup0001_servername_SQL.log"

search for

MSI (s) (A4:D8) [09:09:29:007]: Command Line: USERNAME=xxx COMPANYNAME=yyy ERRORREPORTING=0 SQMREPORTING=0 INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER INSTALLSQLDATADIR=D:\ SECURITYMODE=SQL SAPWD=********** SQLCOLLATION=SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS SQLACCOUNT=mydomain\SERVICEACCOUNT SQLPASSWORD=********** SQLAUTOSTART=1 AGTACCOUNT=mydomain\SERVICEACCOUNT AGTPASSWORD=********** AGTAUTOSTART=1 DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=2 SQLBROWSERACCOUNT=NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SQLBROWSERAUTOSTART=0 STPSETUPTHREADID=4124 STPSETUPPROCESSID=4128 EXTERNALCONTROL=1 ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,SQL_SharedTools,SQL_BC_DEP TRANSFORMS=:SqlRun01.mst;:InstID01.mst;:InstName01.mst MSINEWINSTANCE=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress CURRENTDIRECTORY=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap CLIENTUILEVEL=3 CLIENTPROCESSID=4128 CURRENTMEDIAVOLUMELABEL=SQLSTDSEL

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• If you want to find which are all the service running on the computer... i.e sql server, analysis service, reporting service.

You can find these service or installed services in surface area configuration. You can find all the services which are installed and running.

• Thanks a lot. I was only interested in under which service account the components were installed. That is, local system, domain user, etc.

I appreciate your hint

Niyala

• See AlzDBA's tip there, if you have used domain it will be domain\username and so on....:-)

-Satya SK Jayanty
    SQL Server MVP (Follow me @sqlmaster)
    Author of SQL Server 2008 R2 Administration CookBook
    SQL Server Knowledge Sharing network

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply