Service Broker limit in SQL

• As mentioned in the link below,

https://www.codemag.com/article/0605061/SQL-Server-2005-Query-Notifications-Tell-.NET-2.0-Apps-When-Critical-Data-Changes

For client-side applications, query notification users should not exceed ten concurrent users , in SQL Server 2005.

What is the maximum number of concurrent users allowed while using query notification in  SQL 2008 and above?

• I take the number ten in the article to be a recommendation, not a strict limit that will give you an error when you add the 11th user.

Query notification is not a very widely used feature, and I don't think it has been enhanced since SQL 2005 was released. So from that perspective, the limit would be the same. Then again, hardware today is much more better, and we only have 64-bit. Way back then, most SQL Server instances were 32-bit. So I would guess that you have quite a few more. Not the least if you count the total user base - not all may be waiting for query notifications at the same time.

But if it is critical for you - set up your own test.

[font="Times New Roman"]Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, www.sommarskog.se[/font]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply