set default values when no data is returned

• Hi

I was wondering if someone would know if it's possible to set default values to each column in your report if there is no data returned in RS2000.

I have a report that has 3 tables in it and each table, when exported into excel, appears on a seperate worksheet. However when one of the tables has no data in it, and just shows a norows value, it appears on the same worksheet as the table that follows it. This I do not want happening, so does anybody know if there is a solution to my problem.

All ideas are very welcome

Thanks

Tracy

• Tracy, 

I'm not sure I understand what your desired output is.  Given that, let me make a best-guess and provide some suggestions: 

1)  Rather than using the NoRows property on the first table, you can set a table header with a second row containing your desired "default" values.  If there are any rows in the dataset, set visibility on this second row to hidden.  This should provide a default row when there is no data returned from the dataset

2)  Export to excel will create a new worksheet upon a page break.  Could you put a page break after the first table?

Hope this helps. 

Scott Thornburg

• thanks for that scott but how do I set the extra row to show only when there is no data. Do I have to set an expression as I have tried to set the hidden property to true and false and neither seems to do anything???????

• Tracy,

I just realized you're using RS 2000 but I checked on 2005. 

I don't currently have a 2000 box to check against, but this might help:

http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dinakar/archive/2007/03/28/60149.aspx

Scott Thornburg

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply