Setting Default Parameters in Report Manger

• We have a report that has a default parameter from a query. The Parameter Properties tab has the following properties:

• Parameter Name: today
    • Data Type: DateTime
    • Has Default: Checked
    • Default Value: “Override Default” button
    • Null: no
    • Hide: Unchecked
    • Prompt User: Checked
    • Display Text: today

This report was set to render from a report snapshot and accidentally scheduled to run during a maintenance window. Since the server was not available, the report never ran.

The next day I did the following:

1. I clicked the “Override Default” button.

2. Entered yesterday’s date.

3. Checked the “Create a report snapshot when you click the Apply button on this page” option on the Execution tab.

4. After the snapshot was created, went back to the Parameters tab.

5. Cleared the default value and unchecked the Has Default box.

Now the report will not run as scheduled. The Execution tab has an error that says “Default report parameter values are missing.”

How can I get the report to use the preset default value in the RDL file again?

• I got this fixed, but I am not sure if it was the correct or best way to do it. I thought I would reply back so maybe someone will find this useful.

All I did was download the RDL file and upload it again with the overwrite option checked. All the parameter setting went back to their original settings. The report history and subscription settings remained intact.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply