Setting up Alert for Max Connection to DB

• Hello,

We have a problem in our environment. We use a .NET application that uses a 'buggy' stored procedure. The maximum number of connections to the database is set to 99. I think this is part of the code. When we reach that limit, everything stops working. Right now, we have to manually keep an eye on the number of open connections to this database. We have to go into the Activity Monitor and keep track of this. I want to set up an alert that will automatically send an email when the number of connections to a particular database goes over 85. How would I do this? I looked into the standard counters etc and nothing seems to work. The connections that cause the issue are the ones initiated by the sotred procedure. For some reason, it fails to release some of the connections. Right now, when we hit this situation, we are simply rebooting the SQL server.

Has anyone seen issues like this before?

Please help.

Thank you.

• FYI,

I have set up operators and database mail to work. I just need to figure out how to set up the Alert in this case.

Would it be possible to kill some of the connections as an 'action' or 'response' to this alert? That would be great!

Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply