Setting up New Login

• I have just about installed SQL Server 2000 on a server. Am trying to setup users to login to the server through Windows NT authentication. When I try to setup users, I give the NT login name as the Name. Where do I get the domain name of the Windows NT server?

The Network admin here has given me a number of different domain names and I keep getting the error message:

Microsoft SQL_DMO (ODBC SQLState 42000) Error 15401: Windows NT user or group 'Name' not found. Check the name again.

Any advice?

Thank you

• Sheba,

To get a Windows Login in the New Login Window select Windows Authentication option and click a <...> Button next to Name textbox to select a Windows login from the appropriate domain.

If for some reason you can not browse the doamins please see your server support to check if the server is on the network

To get a pre-defined group like Administrators or Users on the local computer you have to do BUILTIN\Administrators or BUILTIN|Users  using the word BUILTIN instead of the local server name

Yelena

Regards,Yelena Varsha

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply