Setting up Reporting services

• Hi everyone. I’m nearly new to this BI concept in SQL 05. I’m asking for a short overview of how to enable Reporting Services. I’ve installed the Server service on a box with an existing instance. I’ve installed the client service; SSMS’d into the instance, and receive a message like it wants a separate Reporting instance. I’m going to dredge through the online help, but asking the experienced pro’s like yourselves have proved invaluable. Any tips and tricks you’ve experience would be appreciated. Thanks to everyone for being there to help.

Ed

• Hi

you can use Reporting services configuration Tools.

this link contain detailled information about this tool:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156305.aspx

• There are not a lot of tips and tricks for RS setup. The documentation is pretty good so just follow the steps. If you put Reporting Services on a machine other than the SQL Server that will have the RS databases, it gets a little more complicated, but the configuration UI still works pretty well.

If you run into any specific issues, post them and someone here will be able to help.

• Thanks for the response. I'll look at it.

• Thanks for offering the help Michael.

• Any time.

In this instance, you probably will not need it.

• Check out the MSPress Step By Step book for SSRS, that has a whole chapter about setup, with explanations on why to set certain things up a certain way. Go to your local Border's, grab yourself a coffee and thumb through the book 🙂

• Thanks DenStar, I'll check it out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply