Shared Datasets not visible in Report Builder

• I've created a shared datasource in SSRS, which tested successfully. I opened Report Builder 3.0, then created a new Shared dataset (very simple) using this new shared datasource. It runs successfully with data. I've saved the shared dataset into the Data Sets folder I've created in SSRS. I've verified security on both folders. I am a local admin and my user has ALL the roles in SSRS. I've also verified that when I manage the shared datasource that under dependent items, my new shared dataset is listed.

When I go to create a new report in RB, after adding my shared datasource, when I go to add a shared dataset NOTHING is listed. The window is blank. I've created a few more shared datasets and none of them ever list in RB after they're saved. I can only use embedded datasets which is extremely frustrating.

I've posted this issue to other MS and SQL forums and no one can figure out what's going on. My environment is Windows 10 with SQL Server 2012 Enterprise with SP2. I was previously on Windows 8.1 with the exact same issue. After the upgrade, still the same issue.

• That's actually my post that I initiated but didn't get a response that worked for me. Still have the issue. I've tried 4 other forums.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply