SharePoint_Config log growing too big

• I am having issue with one of my sharepoint databases, the log file is growing full too fast. Please what can I do. I have tried backing it up and shrink the log but the situation remains the same.

• I have had the same problem with two of my clients with the Sharepoint_config database.

I think the Sharepoint recommendation for that database is to have it in Full recovery mode. So the only way to control it's size is to take frequent log backups.

I have scheduled one every 10 mins but I avoid shrinking the log file since that will eventually lead to more autogrowth events.

I moved the log file to a new disk drive which has more space allocated. If I am correct, I have allocated 120 GB for the disk where the log file resides. I have seen the log file getting as much as 100 GB within a matter of minutes.

On one instance, I didn't have enough space to take log backups. Instead, I changed the database to simple recovery and shrinked log file. Then changed it back to full recovery and took a full backup.

Blog
    http://saveadba.blogspot.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply