Shrink Database

• hakan.winther (8/12/2011)

You are absolutely right. That was the point I was trying to Make with hakan.winther.

For me any post here is about the QOTD etc...

Anyone that thinks anything else is adding way to much emotion to the mix.

You were the one who brought it up, and my point is that there are a lot of volunteers at this site and they get a lot of complaint from many like you, and soon no one will volunteer anymore because of the complaints. I wouldn't post a question at this site because of this complaints.

I post nice question and compliment others more than I complain.

I used to only post about the questions I liked and what I liked about them. However even then there where others that would disagree and post slightly less than hatefull responses to my nice comments.

Glad you like to Volunteer and help others. Hope you keep doing so.

• SanDroid (8/12/2011)

And your attitude and Rant is why more people do not say anything at all.

What is the use of having an open forum or dicussion if the only thing anyone can post is "Nice question".

BTW: Your entire Rant about me ranting was longer than any post I made.

The point of his post wasn't that you shouldn't say when there's a problem. Nor was it that you shouldn't post a long explanation of what the problem is. The point was that you took every opportunity to point the problem out again which is rather annoying. It's good when people point out what's wrong and explain why. It's bad when once that's been done on a thread it keeps happening. Whether it's one person doing it repeatedly or a lot of different people posting, "I want my point back," on the same thread. At that point it feels much less like, "This is wrong and people need to get the right information," and more, "This person did something wrong and it needs to be pointed at." Your first post was very constructive. After that it wasn't.

• Where's that darn unsubscribe button? :blink:

• cfradenburg (8/12/2011)

SanDroid (8/12/2011)

And your attitude and Rant is why more people do not say anything at all.

What is the use of having an open forum or dicussion if the only thing anyone can post is "Nice question".

BTW: Your entire Rant about me ranting was longer than any post I made.

The point of his post wasn't that you shouldn't say when there's a problem. Nor was it that you shouldn't post a long explanation of what the problem is. The point was that you took every opportunity to point the problem out again which is rather annoying. It's good when people point out what's wrong and explain why. It's bad when once that's been done on a thread it keeps happening. Whether it's one person doing it repeatedly or a lot of different people posting, "I want my point back," on the same thread. At that point it feels much less like, "This is wrong and people need to get the right information," and more, "This person did something wrong and it needs to be pointed at." Your first post was very constructive. After that it wasn't.

You are right. I should stop randomly responding when others post posts about my posts and then repost. It is annoying and it takes away attention from the real subject....

D@#$ It... I just did it again... :hehe: 😛

• Nice question and the script is also very nice, thank you.

Regards,

Iulian

• SanDroid (8/12/2011)

You are right. I should stop randomly responding when others post posts about my posts and then repost. It is annoying and it takes away attention from the real subject....

🙂

SanDroid (8/12/2011)

🙂

Best one ever! :w00t:

Worth staying subscribed for 🙂

• SanDroid (8/12/2011)

WayneS (8/12/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (8/12/2011)

SanDroid (8/11/2011)

I am only a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Red Cross Volunteer.

Wow. I'm a Red Cross Volunteer too. I teach swimming. But I'm a little confused. How does Red Cross Volunteering sync with SQL Server again?

Maybe I should write a QOTD with options for connecting the two... @=)

Why Brandie, it's obviously the need for CPR after encountering such sloppy practices (especially those dratted c.u.r.s.o.r.s) :w00t:

Nice one Wayne. LOL.. 😎

Glad you liked it!

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (8/12/2011)

Brandie Tarvin (8/12/2011)

SanDroid (8/11/2011)

I am only a Microsoft Certified Trainer and Red Cross Volunteer.

Wow. I'm a Red Cross Volunteer too. I teach swimming. But I'm a little confused. How does Red Cross Volunteering sync with SQL Server again?

Maybe I should write a QOTD with options for connecting the two... @=)

Why Brandie, it's obviously the need for CPR after encountering such sloppy practices (especially those dratted c.u.r.s.o.r.s) :w00t:

Don't forget the Heimlich maneuver which is oft necessary if eating and reading these forums:-D

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Toreador (8/12/2011)

cfradenburg (8/12/2011)

Worth staying subscribed for 🙂

Oh yeah - that cartoon is excellent

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• OK, this has gotten slightly out of hand and away from the purpose of the thread, which is discussion the question.

I am closing the thread. The question had been edited, and if you have an issue later on with this question, please email the webmaster.

It's good to point out an issue, and make a case for a change if you think there is a problem with the issue, but belaboring the point is not helpful. We do not monitor the questions in real time, and it might be hours before we respond to an issue.

Saracasm, insults, pointed comments, and personal attacks on the author or posters are not really appropriate. Nor are repeated responses. Please step back from the keyboard if you feel the need and think about what you are writing. Most of the time the situation isn't helped.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply