Site owners...you really should do something about this....

• Please, please oh please remove -

"No one has responded to this topic yet. Even if you don't have a complete answer, the original poster will appreciate any thoughts you have!"

from forums you know that don't require a response - "Suggestions"; "Anything but SQL" etc...

It's the only thing (imho) that tarnishes this otherwise "BEST SQL SERVER SITE".....<;-)

**ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI !!!**

• Still happens that someone posts in the wrong forum. They deserve an answer too .

• Remi - the only answer those posters deserve is : "GO POST IN THE RIGHT FORUM"...

But you know what I mean right ?!?! I'm sure appropriate filters could be added other than (what seems to be) the existing one of 3 days' duration after which this automated response kicks in...

• We'll think about it. That response was put in there to recycle posts and see if they'd get an answer the second time around. Some forums go get a bunch of bad posts that we have to move, so it's nice to see that reminder.

• Sure, but if we don't see that post, how are we supposed to tell them that??

• Recycling the posts is great because I have seldom seen one that doesn't get answered the second time around...(though at scc.com it's almost as if the members are vying with each other to see who answers a post first - seconds after the poster has clicked on his "post" button 🙂

I'm only talking about forums where you know this won't be needed - like editorials/anything but sql....

• Let's decide this one with a quarter.

Heads I win, tails I don't lose.

• Oops - there's that catch 22!!!!! <;-)

Guess I meant that if I want to get a question answered, the first thing I'll do is pick the right forum before posting...I've seen you & Frank tell people numerous times to not "double post" or "post in the right forum"....isn't this hand-holding to an extreme ???

• Double posting no, it's like spam and we don't need that.

Right forum, I guess you can point out the fact once, and then they have to do it themselves .

• okay - since we're geographically miles apart I'll toss the quarter and let you know what the result is....

p.s: I am very good at making quarters land standing up...<;-)

• Maybe but since it won't be in our accepted target answers you'll have to rethrow it untill you get it right.

• "Heads I win, tails I don't lose"....

It is IMPLICIT that anything else - I win!

p.s: The obvious need never be stated Remi! <;-)

• Then this answer doesn't need to be typed .

• How about you send me the quarter and I flip it?

• Just take yours and we'll trust what comes up... and agrees with common physics laws .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply