Skipping April Fools

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Skipping April Fools

• Are you really sitting it out or was the note about April Fools being on a Wednesday in 2013 your little gag for this year?

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• I reckon it is. Everyone know it is on Tuesday next year. :hehe:

• tim.kay (4/2/2012)

I reckon it is. Everyone know it is on Tuesday next year. :hehe:

Sorry, Monday πŸ™‚

M&M

• 2013 was canceled, based on a surprisingly effective effort on the part of the Triskaidekaphobic Lobby, bolstered by the group of people who want the century to start on years ending with 00.

It hasn't been announced widely yet, but 2014 is getting an leap day as well. It seems this years US pre-election run up, with all it's extra spin is running counter to the rotational inertia of the planet, slowing it slightly. The effect is that we need an extra February 29th to balance the effects.

That puts the next April 1st on Wednesday. Have a good week all.

• Seriously? I got it wrong? The question clearly asks:

What type of humor would you have performed yesterday on someone? I responded with the correct answer for ME, since that's what it called for. I don't do pranks, I do satire - even on April fools - so I gave the correct answer to the question.

• Seems to be a lot of confusion about dates here abouts?!

• I was checking dates, and must have forwarded a few years in a click instead of one. Monday next year, look for something interesting.

• Ah - I still remember the SQL Server on Linux joke. Have to admit it had some ideas racing in my mind. πŸ˜›

David

@SQLTentmaker

β€œHe is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot

• Sometimes Less is More, I caught it right away knowing how the calendar works but I did appreciate the effort..

• Hi Steve,

Surely there are lots of topics for April Fool's for SQL Server. How good it is depends on how well it is written.

Just think of all the things that would make Microsoft shiver (and SQL Server for Linux is in there) and all of the things that would make you shiver ( 'Shrinking your DB is really useful' ) or simply just the bizarre ( 'Next version of SQL Server to be 3D-ready' or 'XBox developers deliver interactive SQL Server' in the style of 'The Onion' ). This latter article would allow you to choose your weaponry when it comes to killing sessions or build execution plans with the aid of an avatar.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply