Slipstream Install for SQL Server 2000

• Greetings all,

I'm looking for someone who's installed SQL Server 2000 on a patched Windows 2003 system.  Our network admin tried it and it won't let her even run the install without having SQL Server SP3a.

My question is, can SQL Server installations be slipstreamed (ie. combine SP and Install files on the same CD) like you can for Win2K and XP?  If anyone has a good article or link explaining how to do this, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

• The install works fine, the warning message is informational. After the install simply add the sp.

• There is not a slipstreamed install for SP3.

But it no problem.  Here's the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329329

jg

• andrewkane17  is right, the message is just informational.

I had only 2 SQL Server failed installs during the past 5 years (both were eventually installed): one was for Oracle developer 🙂 and the second one was on the server that was locked down with Secure pre-defined security template. Once we changed it to Default the installation was fine.

Regards,Yelena Varsha

• Thanks to all for the replies.  I've forwarded the MS link to our network analyst and she has yet to yell so I suppose it's working. 

PS - this is yet another example of an 'out of the box' vendor SQL Server install that these guys are doing with no DBA assigned to monitor or QA.    Seems like this is getting more and more common.  They'll come running down this way when the disks fill up or something's corrupt.  Thanks again. 

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply