Snapshot agent job scheduler keeps disabling itself!

• Hi

I have a legacy prod 2000 setup which I replicate to a dr server. I've had to rebuild the replication solution on both servers, from scratch as I started getting the odd snapshot agents' schedules disabling themselves for no apparent reason. Since the rebuild ALL snapshot agents continually have their job schedule disabled daily, which I've been setting to 'enabled' manually, but this is not a workable solution.

I cannot see any reason for this to occur as I am the only person who logs into either of these servers directly and uses SQLServer Enterprise Manager.

Many Thanks in Advance

Adonia

• What type of replication is configured on your server?

M&M

• Vanilla snapshot replication once a night

• Do you know around what time the job is getting disabled?

Any clues on that?

M&M

• The only clues I found where in the event viewer application log for last night. They seem to repeat themselves a few times for couple of different dbs, but not all jobs are listed in the log, but all jobs for all the dbs have their snapshot job schedule disabled this morning.

SQLSERVERAGENT error code 203 - SubSystem Message - Job 'xxxxxx', step 1 - The process could not retrieve security information from the Subscriber for Distributor 'serverxxx'.

SQLSERVERAGENT error code 208 - SQL Server Scheduled Job 'xxxxxx' - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2011-09-20 02:15:02 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 96 (Replication agent schedule.). The last step to run was step 1 (Run agent.).

SQLSERVERAGENT error code 210 -Unable to send job completion notification email to operator 'SQL Monitor' for job 'xxxxxx'.

The subscriber is the distributor with only the publisher being remote.

Any help or suggestions would help.

Adonia

• I haven't encountered this issue before. I assume you checked all the jobs in the publisher server where the snapshot agent job resides. Is there any job that might do this activity of disabling the snapshot agent?

M&M

• There are no obvious agent jobs which could cause this action. I am stumped and I still need to fix the problem.

• Have you checked to make sure there is no end date set in the schedule? This happened to me and it was simply that someone had put an end date that had already passed in the scheduler.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply