Snapshots in SSRS

• I scheduled SSRS report

Now i need to work on Snapshots for these reports.

So, please let me know how to work on snapshots for scheduled SSRS reports

Tell me steps to do snapshots.

Thank you!!

• In the report manager go to the Properties tab and click History. You can configure your snapshots there.

• Daniel Bowlin (6/7/2012)

In the report manager go to the Properties tab and click History. You can configure your snapshots there.

Hi Daniel Bowlin,

could you please let me know briefly how to configure this. Thank you

• Unfortunatly your report has to have some default parameters built in if it uses any parameters. Other than that it is just a couple mouse clicks on the page I mentioned above.

Check "Use the following schedule to add snapshots to report history." Then either create a schedule, or select a shared schedule.

• Hi

I am back again with snapshot doubt

as you said, i worked with above process

This is what i did: went to report manager

selected report > properties, in properties wrote some description

> Execution, in execution checked Render this report.....

Checked use the following schedule....

selected report specific schedule and configured it with so and so time (assume 7:00 PM) and then ok

> checked create a report snapshot when you click apply......

Clicked on Apply

After this at 7:00 PM i checked in History page at the time snapshot is created and it is in history page

Every thing is clear till now............now what i have to do is

snapshot if snapshot is created at 7:00 PM and at 7:01 PM subscription mail should go to group of people that view report in portal

how to schedule this one by one?

I think u understood my ques, if i am not clear please let me know....Thank you

• I have never done this, so I am not sure how to guide you.

• I tried this, now i got what i need exactly...Thanks all for your help!!!

• I got one more doubt

in report manager i have a report with name X

and in SQL Server Management Studio, in one of the database i have a table name with same X

in this SSMS the X database consists of 2 columns, 1 is report name and the other is user email....

earlier with this forum and with some people help i worked on Report subscription in report manager like clicked on new subscription, then selected delivery by: email, then to email id's, then attach include report or url link....all these process

I am done with this process

now what i have to do is: in this report subscription process if i am working on subscription of X report all the email id's which i have in SSMS database X table's email id's should come automatically here as i am working on same report.

So, how this gonna work?

Any idea?

Please let me know if any one knows answer for my question. Thank you Guys!!!

• shivashankara9 (6/8/2012)

I got one more doubt

in report manager i have a report with name X

and in SQL Server Management Studio, in one of the database i have a table name with same X

in this SSMS the X database consists of 2 columns, 1 is report name and the other is user email....

earlier with this forum and with some people help i worked on Report subscription in report manager like clicked on new subscription, then selected delivery by: email, then to email id's, then attach include report or url link....all these process

I am done with this process

now what i have to do is: in this report subscription process if i am working on subscription of X report all the email id's which i have in SSMS database X table's email id's should come automatically here as i am working on same report.

So, how this gonna work?

Any idea?

Please let me know if any one knows answer for my question. Thank you Guys!!!

Help me, if anyone knows answer for my question. Thanks in advance!!

• Help

• I tried above task with the help of below link..........i made only one change, in the below link delivery method they selected windows file share but i selected email and worked on email process

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/data-driven-subscription-in-ssrs-2008-r2.html

at step 3, my query is in this way

select [reportname], [useremail] from [dbo].[reportemail]

but i got this error: The current action cannot be completed because the user data source credentials that are required to execute this report are not stored in the report server database. (rsInvalidDataSourceCredentialSetting)

Please let me know how to fix this?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply