SnapshotUpdated scheduled subscription

• Hi Everyone,

I have a SnapshotUpdated schedule problem and cannot figure out myself.

I have 10 dashboards, which need to be executed in the morning and shapshotted into SSRS.

Also I need a PDF in a share everyday for each of them.

What I have done -- deployed reports, created shared schedule for 7:00AM, scheduled snapshot for each of the report.

I also created shared folders on the local SQL Server hard drive one folder for each report, and created subscription for each report to save a PDF into the respective share.

I set Trigger to SnapshotUpdated, which is logical.

Problem I am having:

If you leave only one report managed as above it works perfectly. When you have more than one it starts failing to save the PDF.

How it manifests is in two ways:

- in the list view When Run column sometimes does not change for 1-2 out of 10 reports. So it kindof does not execute the shapshot.

- for some reports When Run updates (shapshot is refreshed), but the schedule view still have old Last Run info. So it kindof does not trigger the subscription.

Has anyone had anything similar or knows what might be the problem here?

Cheers,

VAL

M.Sc.IT, M.B.A, MCTS BI 2008, MCITP BI 2008, MCTS SQL Dev, CSM, CDVDM

• Damn it!!! It is not working!!!

I don't know what to do. The only quick solution I have is to use private schedules with different times.

It is very strange, the inconsistency is obvious.

You go to the list of reports and it says that the report was Run at 7AM this morning.

Then go to the report -- it has the morning data.

Then go to the history -- there is one brand new history saved into the list dated 7AM today.

Then go to subscription -- the type is SnapshotUpdated which is correct. But the Las Run is like two days ago!!!!!!! :crazy:

What da hell!!!?

Please help! Anyone knows how to diagnose why the shapshot trigger is not working?

VAL

M.Sc.IT, M.B.A, MCTS BI 2008, MCITP BI 2008, MCTS SQL Dev, CSM, CDVDM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply