solution doesn't hit breakpoints

• Hi, anywhere I put breakpoints in my solution, they're not hit, even if the command they contain is run. Run64BitRuntimeOption is correctly set to false. Any idea?

• Hello

What is you package doing?
    I am having a similar issue, although it works well on everything with the exception of foreach containers
    I simply cannot get these working

Where it works, I set the breakpoint ad click 'Start Debugging'
    foreach just steps over

I have tried practically everything
    Well, except a method that works! ...

- Damian

• Might be useful to know what version of SSDT/BIDS you are both using.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• 2008 R2 for me

- Damian

• nevermind...you explicitly said you toggled 32 bit mode....

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• I didn't think you could step though your .Net code with a breakpoint in 2008 R2?

You might have to default to using what we called back in the day, the Prime debugger.  The debugger on the Prime system was so poor, you ended up putting a bunch of PRINT statements in your code (yes, a long time ago).  Worst case, you can put MessageBoxes in your script task .Net code.

Rob

• This may sound obvious but are you running the package or selecting and running a task? This makes a difference because you only get breakpoints when you run the entire package.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply