SP Output Parameter Issue (across ODBC Connection)

• Hello,

I am having an issue retrieving a SP's Output parameters over an ODBC connection (Driver: SQL Server Native Client 10).

When the SP is not attempting any inserts/deletions or updates, the Output params are returned across the ODBC connection fine. However, as soon as I add in a simple update statement (updating one field in one record), it is suddenly unable to retrieve the Output params.

I have tried this on other SPs (with different update statements) and the same is happening? HOWEVER, when I capture the ODBC call to the SP in 'SQL Server Profiler' and run in the Management Studio then it returns the Output params fine which is why I am thinking it is an ODBC issue/restriction? All accounts used are SysAdmin so cannot see any permission issues? I have also removed all triggers on the tables being updated incase these were interfering at all?

Will paste the SP script/call if required, but any pointers first would be greatly appreciated, 🙂

• 1) centrainly not a good practise to use sysadmin privileges in regular aps.

(even for testing ! The sooner you encouter a security issue the better !!)

2) are you getting an ODBC error or just faulty data in the output fields?

3) can you post the sproc DDL ?

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply