SP3 Database service install fails

• Trying to update from 2005 sp2 to sp3 and the database service keeps failings. SELECT @@VERSION shows "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4035.00 (X64) Nov 24 2008 16:17:31 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2) " but install always fails for db services.

The summary and log file are attached.

Server seems to be running fine, but I can't seem to find a solutions past this.

Thanks in advance!!

• Its looks as though the errors were from your Native Client. I can see some script errors but these are not reported in the summary.

How are you trying to run this? On the cosole or remotely? And is the server online and busy? The version number you stated indicates SP3 falt (not further hotfix(s)). This would indicates to me that your server actually service packed fine.

HTH

Adam Zacks-------------------------------------------Be Nice, Or Leave

• Your response from @@version shows that your SQL Server instance is at Service Pack 3. The table listed below is the version numbers and their associated service packs.

Release Sqlservr.exe

RTM 2005.90.1399

SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 1 2005.90.2047

SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 2005.90.3042

SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 3 2005.90.4035

Chris

Chris Powell

George: You're kidding.
    Elroy: Nope.
    George: Then lie to me and say you're kidding.

• That what I can't figure out. It looks as if sp3 is in place, but that component of the update fails.

I did find that someone at some point created 2 server triggers that prevent alter or drop of logins. At next down production time, I'll drop these triggers and try again. I did find an entry in the install log pointing referencing rollback in relation to these triggers....I think.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply