Speed or Value?

• Anirban Paul (10/4/2008)

Did you wrote smart code in Day 1? I believe practice, knowledge and experience makes one smart developer. It may be smart developer but not genius like you. 😉 Genius are rare.... 😛

Oh no... I'm no genius. You're making the same point as I... step one is to want to write good code. If you don't take that first step, you'll never get to the second which is practice, practice, practice... just like anything else you want to get good at. 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
    Intro to Tally Tables and Functions

• David Reed (10/3/2008)

Ruh-roh. Bob's pulled in politics... a Godwin event can't be far behind. :hehe:

Godwin's Law - "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one"

Bloodnock's Law - "The probability of Godwin's Law being cited now exceeds that of the event which triggered it."

😀

Semper in excretia, sumus solum profundum variat

• We used to call it Axle's Law: "Good, Fast, Cheap. Pick any two. Then we found out that Axle did not originate it. I just put it down to Bidenism.

Can we get back to hardware, software, or at least vaporware? All this plasmaware (super-heated stuff that's way beyond hot air) is too much thisearly in the week.

ATBCharles Kincaid

Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply