Spotlight Tables

• Is anyone familiar with Spotlight for SQL Server?  If so, upon creating a connection, Spotlight will create a few dozen tables with the database specified in the connection.  These tables all begin Spot_.  Does anyone know how to move these tables into a different DB?  I was not aware that these would be created in my database and I do not want these tables to appear in our DB.  We have created a seperate DB specifically for houseing database maintenance / system performance data and I would like to move the Spotlight tables there.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Rowan

======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• I'd just use the Import/Export wizard.  Select the DB you want to copy the tables to, right click > All Tasks > Import Data and then follow the prompts.  I'm assuming you can then tell the application where its tables have moved to.

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

• I thought there may be a method using Spotlight to perform the work.  The target DB already has the same tables in it, so I will have to merge the data.  I know I can do this through SQL Server, but again, I thought Spotlight may be able to do this for me. 

John Rowan

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• I searched through the Quest Central knowledge base and found that the Spotlight installation includes a script designed to remove all Spotlight objects from a DB (Spotlight creates may stored procedures during it's installation along with the tables).  This script can be found in <Your Local Spotlight Installation Directory>\plugins\SoSS\DropSpotlightObjects.sql.  Thanks for your suggestions.

John Rowan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply