SQL

• Hello everyone, Here's a SQL Mail question. I have a SQL Server 2000 sp3 named instance that I cannot start a MAPI session on. The default instance SQL Mail works just fine. The mail profile is valid, Outlook is installed no problems. On the named instance I'm trying to use the same profile, however it doesn't work. Every other aspect of the named instance is fine - It's a production server running 24x7 without problems. Any suggestions? Thanks

• Make sure your named instance is running under the same service account.  Most of my MAPI issues have related to the service account SQL is running under.

If you need them running under different service accounts, make sure both accounts have a valid MAPI profile.

• Thanks for the reply - Yeah, the named instance is running under the same service account as the default instance (the default instance's sql mail works fine), but I must be missing something because on the SQL Mail configuration window there are no names on the drop down list.

• I had a similar issue.  Try stopping and restarting the instance.  Give it some time to allow the Exchange Server (if that's what you're using) to process, then you should see the profile listed.

• I'll definitely do that as soon as I can bring it down (it's a production machine doing data logging 24x7). Thanks for the reply, I'll post the results when I do it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply