SQL 2000 password aging and enforcement

• Anybody knows how to setup a SQL 2000 password aging and enforcement? I need to setup user password expire in 45 days and have a minimum password of Alphanumerics with a CAP letter and a special character. Please advise. Thanks.

• You mean SQL2000 or your application running against SQL2000?

SQL2000 does not have such feachure.

And if you need it for your application you need to develop it.

Unless somebody will give you source code as birthday present.

• I undertoodd SQL 2000 does not have such feature. That is why I am asking has anybody already have some coding in place.

• I undertoodd SQL 2000 does not have such feature. That is why I am asking has anybody already have some coding in place.

• You can implement if you are using windows authentication, on the domain side you can specify password size,aginging etc. You need to have windows User to SQL

• Back to my original question I am asking for SQL authentication password enforcement and aging not Windows Authientcation. I am doing this for SOX.  Thanks.

• The only way I know of is to modify the system stored procedure sp_password.  You should keep the scripts for both the old and the new versions in case you need to go back, or if you install a service pack, which will probably wipe out you copy.

Of course, this method only allows you to enforce complexity rules - it doesn't help with expiration.

• Thanks. Anybody has any script on hand that I can use?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply