SQL 2005 Ad-Hoc Questions?

• I have a few questions regarding the Ad-Hoc reporting tool, based on user feedback. I've combed the interenet and haven't been able to find answers, so I thought perhaps some of you may know these things:

1. Can Users Share the Ad-Hoc Reports they have created with other users?

I have tried saving to file and sending to other users, but get a "System.IO.StreamReader: Root Element is missing" error when other users try to open my RDL file. Alternately, can the users easily share reports from the My Reports directory on the server?

2. Can You View the SQL Syntax used to Run Report?

Admittedly, I haven't looked very hard for an answer to this but thought maybe somebody could give a quick answer on this one. There are some instances where we would like to see the SQL Syntax.

3. Are left or right joins possible with the Ad-Hoc tool?

When creating the DSV, I don't see a place to indicate left/right join conditions when creating a relationship. It would be nice for the users to be able to see all employees and any dependents they may have. Currently, the data being returned is an inner join condition that displays only employees with dependents.

• Bump.......still hoping some of you might now the answer to one or all of these questions.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply