SQL 2005 DATABASE MIRRORING

• To all you guru's out there 😎

I have a production envionrment that has a principal and mirroring database set up (2 seperate servers) Intiallay all the security logins that were in place has been kept the same for consistency, however after you set up the mirrored instance you ofcourse can not change any options or read directly with exception to Database snaphots which I did not think applied to my scenerio (I could be mistaken)

My question is after you have mirroring set up, how would you apply any new security logins for the mirroring instance for consistency?

Reshad

• Logins can be created on the mirror, because logins go into the master database. Make sure that you script the login from the principal with the SID. That will ensure that the login and the database user sync correctly.

Database users you would create in the principal and, like any other database object, the mirroring will transfer it to the mirror server.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Gail gives you the right idea. Create logins on the principal, script out and xfer to the mirror. Changes permissions/users only on the principal

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply