SQL 2005 installation fails

• Hi All,

I am installing SQL Server 2005 on Windows XP(SP2), But I am not able to select database components

Please suggest ASAP.

Attached Screen shot.

• Which media are you using?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thing is addressing problems that dont exist. Its solution-ism at its worst. We are dumbing down machines that are inherently superior. - Gilfoyle

• I can't actually view your attachment (not on good computer with Word 2007), can you elaborate on what error you are recieving?

What Edition of Windows XP and SQL Server 2005 are you using (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143506(SQL.90).aspx)

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• Hi Shawn/Henrico,

I am installing SQL Server 2005 Developer edition, I am not getting any error, but I am not able to select the database components.

Attached screen shot for your reference

• As mentioned earlier, please let us know which Edition of SQL Server 2005 are you trying to install. The issue is due to incompatible edition.

Pradeep Adiga
    Blog: sqldbadiaries.com
    Twitter: @pradeepadiga

• Developer Edition should work on any Edition of Windows XP SP2 or higher. You might take a look at the installation log to see if any errors stand out (refer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143702.aspx on how).

My best guess is you are missing some pre-req that the installation wants, maybe IIS, or .NET framework, etc. The installation log have something in it. You might also try going to SP3 on your Windows XP computer.

Shawn Melton
    Twitter: @wsmelton
    Blog: wsmelton.github.com
    Github: wsmelton

• Go back and check all the options carefully may be you missed to check some of them.

try to install with network mode.

[font="Tahoma"]
    --SQLFRNDZ[/url]
    [/font]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply