SQL 2005 Reporting Permissions

• Hey all

First time poster so please be gentle :0)

I've got a problem that I have been trying to solve for about a week now. I've got several reports that are all hunky dorey. They work fine...for me.

When the user who the reports are for tries to access the http://server/reports page it just shows them an empty page. You can see the links for site settings, home, my subscriptions etc, but no reports. If I add the users into the local administrators on the reports server then they can see everything. Surely there is a way to sort it so they can see the correct report without putting them into the local administrators? When they are in the local admins they can run the reports without any problems.

I'm quite new to this whole SQL reporting thing so would love any pointers :0)

Thanks all

• Properties-->Security-->New Role Assignment--->>PUT In the USER NAME (or group Name) --->Browser.

Or read the BOL SSRS

Reporting Services How-to Topics > Report Manager How-to Topics > How to: Create, Delete, or Modify a Role Assignment (Report Manager)

BOL is a good resource to get pointers. 🙂

• Max

Thanks for your prompt reply. I shall give that a try. Strange thing I just noticed is that if the users given the URL to the exact report then it works and they can view it...strange.....anywho I shall have a look at your suggestions.

Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply