SQL 2005 Reporting Service

• Hi All,

Can anyone tell me which edition of SQL Server 2005 has Reporting Service? During installation, I could not see this component in the list.

I appreciate your hint.

Niyala

• Express Edition doesn't support RS.

Check the below link for detail list:

http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2005/en/us/reporting-services-features.aspx

-Vikas Bindra

• I believe all editions except Express Edition (without Advanced Services) support reporting services and the components are available in the installation itself.

--Ramesh

• Thanks.

I could not see the reporting service during the installation process of sql server 2005. Is reporting service installed separately or is it delivered together with sql server 2005 installation disk? I see all other components except for the reporting service. Why is it missing in the list of components to be installed?

Thanks for your hint

Niyala

• Do you see "Reporting Services Configuration" in "Configuration Tools"?

--Ramesh

• Hi

If i am right then by default reporting and Integration services are not installed, you have to choose them, check if you have got reporting service configuration on SQL 2005 menu, if its not installed then you can always install it again. 😀

• During the installation process, I see all components, but reporting service is not listed.

I see the following:

Database service,

Analysis service

Notification service etc.

I do not see the reportring service, so I can not even choose whether or not to install it.

Thanks

Niyala

• Strange, I never came across this situation. Its kind a stupid question, but it's that you see the reporting services option in component selection but in disabled state?

--Ramesh

• It's just not in the list. It's not that it's there and it was disabled. In the list of features that I need to install, I can not see reporting service. I was surprised too! What I am doing is installing SQL Server 2005 standard edition under Windows server 2008.

Thanks.

Niyala

• The following are listed:

Database services

Analysis Services

Notification Services

Integration Services

Client components

Documentation, samples and sample databases.

Nothing more is listed.

Thanks

Niyala

• Do u have IIS installed on the box? SSRS will require IIS to run.

Maybe it decides to not show the SSR because it didn't see IIS on your server. 🙂

Go to Services and see whether there is IIS service listed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply