sql 2008

• Hey, my first question forum so I hope I'll act in accordance with the rules here.

I have a server Sql 2008 sits on Win server 2008, Version Enterprise for six months. (server 1)

In addition I have a server Sql 2008 standard that sits on Win server 2003 server. (server 2)

I can not enter from Enterprise to standard .

I am able to enter from standard to Enterprise.

When I try to access another server from Enterprise to (server 3)Sql 2000 or local server no problem.

The error I get trying to login is:

"A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The token supplied to the function is invalid)"

Network links in google have not found an answer that helped me.

need your help

10x

roy

• It sounds like you may be having issues with either the server certificate, the firewall or the Windows 2008 User Access Control. I'm assuming, of course, that the Standard install is configured for remote incoming connections. If you are using a third-party SSL certificate, it may be that it doesn't have the internal server/instance names listed.

How are you trying to connect to the SQL Server 2008 Standard installation? Via a linked server, SSMS or programmatically? Are you using the instance name or a FQDN? Are your two SQL 2008 installs on separate VLANs/networks? Is the Standard install using a non-default TCP port? Have you tried connecting using <instancename>,<port> (i.e. if your instance is called STD2K8 and the port is 51433, you might connect using STD2K8,51433)? Can you ping the Standard install from the Enterprise server?

• Hey,

thanks for your answer and your questions, answers now.

1.Yes I try to connect to server Standard from Enterprise. if i try to reverse I can connect from Standard to Enterprise.

2.I try to connect useing management studio and failed. He can see the server. But do not connect. not by linked server,Because I can not connect to server

3. management studio. and SQL Server Reporting Services. same Message

4.i use the server name, management studio Recognize the name.

5. no same VLANs/networks

6.no default only.

7.no but like i say management studio Recognize the name so i do not think that the direction.

8. no ping in my networks. But as I wrote in the opposite direction I am able to connect.

i can connect to server from different computers. only not from 1 server 2008 Has server 2008 sql Enterprise

My PC has server 2008 and I connect. I have version Standard and i use management studio.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply