SQL 2008 Performance Data Collection Custom Reports

• I started using SQL 2008 Performance Data Collection, and so far the information provided has been great compared to another monitoring tool we use. The down side is there are only 3 drill down reports by default, and supposedly PDC is collecting more data that could be reported on via custom reports. Has anyone found or created custom reports for Performance Data Collection? Before spending a major time creating something from scratch that has already been done I was hoping to locate some additional custom reports I could work from. So far I haven't found any, just instructions on how to. All help and leads appreciated. Thanks!

• Hi

Our company is looking into the same thing.

Has anyone done this?

Thank you

• Krista Olson

I started using SQL 2008 Performance Data Collection, and so far the information provided has been great compared to another monitoring tool we use. The down side is there are only 3 drill down reports by default, and supposedly PDC is collecting more data that could be reported on via custom reports. Has anyone found or created custom reports for Performance Data Collection? Before spending a major time creating something from scratch that has already been done I was hoping to locate some additional custom reports I could work from. So far I haven't found any, just instructions on how to. All help and leads appreciated. Thanks!

Krista

Here might be a good place for you to start http://sqlblogcasts.com/blogs/jasonmassie/archive/2008/02/15/creating-a-custom-data-collection-in-sql-server-2008.aspx

:cool:

"There are no problems! Only solutions that have yet to be discovered!"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply