Sql 2008 - Query Response Tiem v/s High CPU and IO Related Query

• Hi,

I have a question regarding Query tuning that if it shows high CPU and IO intesive query but resposne time is ok so still nedds to be tuned or optimized?

Example:

While Runing tining script, if it shows Total_CPU_Time = 2094320785, MAx_CPU_Time = 684039, Execution counts = 94903 and total Logical Reads = 602159535 but query response time is ok then what will be the effect if i don't create the Index on filtered criteria or suggested index from the Execution plan or Tuning Advisor?

I have Index also ReBuilded and updated the stats.

I would liek to know any performance impact within a IO and COU intensive query but resposne time is ok.

Thanks.

• If you're happy with the performance, there's nothing you need to do.

If a query is using a lot of resources, then it could impact, or be impacted by, other queries. If you run into blocking situations, then the performance you thought was OK no longer is.

----------------------------------------------------The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood... Theodore RooseveltThe Scary DBAAuthor of: SQL Server 2017 Query Performance Tuning, 5th Edition and SQL Server Execution Plans, 3rd EditionProduct Evangelist for Red Gate Software

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply