SQL 2k5 not seeing the remote machine during cluster install

• Thanks ahead of time for your time in helping resolve this issue.

When i am installing sql 2k5.  The environment is a 2 machine cluster A&B and both machines are running with Windows Server 2k3 and latest SP.  Now i already have the Windows Cluster administrator running and i am able to fail back and forth rather painlessly.  So those aspects of the machines are running like a CHAMP... Now comes the situation after a lil background.

When i go thru to install SQL on the cluster starting from machine A with all resources pointing to A.  The install starts wonderful...the checks go great with all 29 items being checked and seen and the "pre-checks" coming out at 100% without fail.  Remeber this should install on both server at the same time when installing from the main server of the cluster.  Once the install starts usuall about 10 minutes in i get an error that says SQL cannot connect to the remote machine.  Mind you both machines are on the same domain and connected thru the OS cluster Administrator.  Does anyone have any ideas or work arounds on this.  I have uninstalled and reinstall SQL native client multiple times and with no luck i get to this point each time.  Please help or give any advise. 

Thanks Again...

DHeath

• Under what did you loging to the machine to install sql server?

Check the sql server installation error file...if there are any other clues...

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

• I am coming in as the sa on both machines.  When i look into the logs the reference is back to Sql Native Client.  And even when its install it still comes up as the culprit.  This dont make sense to me so i am thinking i am missing something that someone might see.

Thanks for the suggestion

Darryl

DHeath

• Check the following... and use domain account instead of local sa account...

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms179530.aspx

MohammedU
    Microsoft SQL Server MVP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply