SQL Agent

• Hi..

i have found the following error message in the sql server agent.

SQLServer Error: 2812, Could not find stored procedure 'msdb.dbo.xp_sqlagent_notify'. [SQLSTATE 42000] (DisableAgentXPs)

Pls share your knowledge how to resolve and root cause for this.

SQL server Details:

Sql server 2005 Standard Edition

Service pack 1

32 bit

Thanks in Advance.

• hi

did you change the server role by any chance. Check whether you are able to access msdb database with the login specified to run the job at the agent

Regards

VMSSanthosh

• vmssanthosh (3/27/2010)

hi

did you change the server role by any chance. Check whether you are able to access msdb database with the login specified to run the job at the agent

Regards

VMSSanthosh

Yes,i can able to access the msdb there is no issues on that.i have log into the server by user name SA.

• Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

• Did you have SP1 patch recently?

Whats values you are getting with it?

select value, value_in_use from sys.configurations where name = 'Agent XPs'

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Additionally Are you taking backup of MSDB ?

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Bhuvnesh (3/29/2010)

Did you have SP1 patch recently?

Whats values you are getting with it?

select value, value_in_use from sys.configurations where name = 'Agent XPs'

Yes. i have applied service pack 1 and results of the above query

Value Value in use

1 1

• Bhuvnesh (3/29/2010)

Additionally Are you taking backup of MSDB ?

No. i have not taken the backup of MSDB.

• May seem like a stupid question, but is anything actually not working, or are you just getting the error in the logs? Looking around, this seems to be a bug in SP1 which can mean database mail stops working, although I read something else that suggests it's a bogus error (ie just an annoyance).

• yes it happened because of SP1 i think MS has fixed this bug iin SP2.

refer these links

http://www.windows-tech.info/15/4b5bdaab8e755fbe.php

http://www.sqlnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.sqlserver.server/topic15824.aspx

http://dbaspot.com/forums/sqlserver-programming/350238-sql2005-sql-agent-error.html

• Thanks for your reply.

• JKG (3/29/2010)

May seem like a stupid question, but is anything actually not working, or are you just getting the error in the logs? Looking around, this seems to be a bug in SP1 which can mean database mail stops working, although I read something else that suggests it's a bogus error (ie just an annoyance).

Sql agent job is not running which has been created only through maintanance plan.

• sudhakara (3/30/2010)

Thanks for your reply.

Did it get resolve ?

• Bhuvnesh (3/30/2010)

sudhakara (3/30/2010)

Thanks for your reply.

Did it get resolve ?

Let you know once i have applied the service pack 3 on the sql server.

• SP3 or SP2 ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply