SQL Best practices, policies and code-smells.

• Jeff Moden (2/1/2014)

David Atkinson (1/29/2014)

Is anyone actively using any tooling (free or commercial) to help with T-SQL best practices?

WHOSE "Best Practices"?

You know - it would be REALLy nice if we could go to a central site, with informational articles that really describe "best practices". You know - the way best practices are supposed to be: not only do they describe the technique, they describe the scenarios where the best practices likely would apply, the criteria to decide when or if to use said practice. Hell some might even include evidence to PROVE that the recommended way was in fact better. They could also have "easy and "expert" practices, with stepping stones to get from one to the other....

Ahh... if there only were such a site for SQL Server.... :-):-P;-):w00t:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• CELKO (12/2/2014)

Ahh... if there only were such a site for SQL Server....

I am thinking about printing the "SQL Smells" pdf that Phil Factor just posted for Red Gate as my Xmas card 😉

That could be a nice touch - although major bonus points if it's combined with a "scratch and sniff" card 😛

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Not where I thought this would go, but hey - they're YOUR christmas cards.

As to the question - I was 8 at the time that stunt was published, though I did hear it mentioned years laters.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply