SQL Code representation is sparce/limited.

• There is no visual 'boundary' around code created with bracket code bracket parts. Where in the previous system it was clear what was code/script and what was text.

The formatting of code is limited. White space is not respected, comment symbols are made into a line.

(Where code should present a monospace font and not alter the content).

Cutting and Pasting code therefore is not straitforward.

Maybe there is a special code for sql-code, but have not found that.

Ben

• Please give an example, as the various items I have posted and tried work. This is not something that is completely broken as pasting code with comments and multiple lines from SSMS, ADS, and VS seems to work for me.

You can click the "insert/edit code" button and paste the code in the item that pops up.

• You can click the “insert/edit code” button and paste the code in the item that pops up.

I do not see an insert/edit code button. (Chrome on tablet and on PC).

I did use openbracket code closebracket is some situations, but this is for general code and not specific SQL.

Also when I use Quote, the given format looks that only the first part of the quote is from a quote and a part of the quote looks like a response to that quote.

example of this below the signature, between the two comment lines,

Ben

The quote below is between the comment lines. It appears that the second part of the quote does not belong to the quote.

If I can not reproduce it here, I'll will edit the text and saying that it does not reproduce.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

schleep wrote:

I completely agree that the implementation of the OUTPUT clause for INSERT is... shall we say, disappointing.

And you're correct that there may be obstacles to modifying prod tables.

Another workaround I've used is to OUTPUT...INTO a temp table the new identity and the candidate key columns, then updating that table with the old id.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• ben.brugman wrote:

You can click the “insert/edit code” button and paste the code in the item that pops up. I do not see an insert/edit code button. (Chrome on tablet and on PC).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I keep seeing the same reference to clicking this “insert/edit code” button and I don't have one either. Using Firefox. And having the same issues where you quote and there is no separation between the quoted message and the reply. So I left your dashes in as a test to see if it seems any better. Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply