SQL connection not releasing using JD Edwards ERP Application

• Hi

I have SQL 2000 Enterprise with SP3a on Windows 2003 (Advance server) OS. I'm using JDE ERP application. Database size is approx 220 GB and No of connections at a time may be 900 to 1100. Some times if specific user access same application performance goes down like any thing and application did not close the connection. JDE support says it is SQL problem. But if i start query analyser it shows connection and if i close Query analyser it close the connection. Based on that i m saying it is not SQL problem. I request you all please put your efforts and give me some thought processes. If it is SQL problem then what are the action to be taken by me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Your quick response will be highly appriciated.

Regards,

Chandu

• Chandu,

What's the version of your JDE? Are you using terminal services? Please provide details of your setup.

Kindest Regards,

SQL 2000 (Clustered)/SQL 2005

• It is Jde b7333 service pack22. Also note that it is in Active passive clustered environment.

Regards,

Chandu

• I suppose your hardware had been properly configured and sized according to your requirements and specifications. You may need to check the ff.

1. connection (LAN/WAN)

2. server/citrix/webserver (ini files)

2. check the kernels via saw

try restarting the cluster server (check if there are kernels left even after restarting the services, kill them all).

Kindest Regards,

SQL 2000 (Clustered)/SQL 2005

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply