SQL Data to Access backup

• Hi,

I have developed a sql server 2000 database with an Access 2003 (adp) frontend for one of my local hospitals.

Since its installed on the hospital WAN, and contained patient information, the hospital IT department cannot send a copy of the data by email,post or any other media.(My access to their WAN is still pending)

So to keep the development database uptodate I have to go onsite and obviously with user login restriction, from the client front end I can only copy the tables, plus the data  and export them to an access (mdb) database.

Can anyone direct me on how to get this data back into the development SQL database back in the office, in the correct sequence without altering autonumbers, without having to resort to temporarely alterning the SQL relationships, transfering the data and reseting the links.

Any help would be appreciated

• You'll have to wait for WAN access. If not, ask the IT department to create a database backup and put it up on an ftp site for you to download or ask them  burn it on CD/DVD and send it to you.

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply