SQL Debugger

• I have a SQL 2014 dev instance running on a windows 2012 R2 OS

I have upgraded a 2012 version to 2014, and one of the developers has noticed the debug button in MMS isn't working.

When clicking you get the following error:

Failed to start debugger

------------------------------

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values. (System.Data)

Click okay then you get :

Unable to start a program 'MSSQL;;//INSTANCE/DBNAME/sys/=0

I have looked all over google with no solution. The SQL service account is running under a domain account which is in the sysadmin role, so not a permissions thing there. Also management studio is running local to the instance so its not a remote connection issue. There is nothing in event viewer or SQL logs to indicate a problem.

I would appreciate any help or advise on this please.

Full error info:

===================================

Failed to start debugger

===================================

Data is Null. This method or property cannot be called on Null values. (System.Data)

------------------------------

Program Location:

at System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlBinary.get_Value()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.DebugSession.DebugCallbacks.OnSqlInitializeDebuggingEvent(ISqlInitializeDebuggingEvent sqlInitializeDebuggingEvent)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.VSIntegration.DebugSession.DebugCallbacks.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Debugger.Interop.IDebugEventCallback2.Event(IDebugEngine2 debugEngine, IDebugProcess2 debugProcess, IDebugProgram2 debugProgram, IDebugThread2 debugThread, IDebugEvent2 debugEvent, Guid& riidEvent, UInt32 attribute)

• Dear, have it been resolved? I am facing the same issue, not able to debug when run in Admin and connect to local DB.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply