Sql Doubt - 1

• 1) Can we generate Trigger for two table and give a example ?

2) Describe performance tuning steps for ( table , Stored procedure, Query ) for microsoft sql server. ?

• boy these read just like homework questions.

what do you think the answers are?

troy2.net (6/23/2010)

1) Can we generate Trigger for two table and give a example ?

you can create a trigger on one table that affects multiple tables. a classic example would be sending update and delete rows that changed into an audit table.

2) Describe performance tuning steps for ( table , Stored procedure, Query ) for microsoft sql server. ?

tuning is a broad subject. you'd really need to define the question better. you can't tune a table, only queries, whether ad hoc or as part of a stored procedure. Have you studied how to read an execution plan in your class yet?

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Homework? Interview questions?

The first I'm not sure what you're asking, the second is rather vague.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I know only basic in Sql server

Yes these are interview question.

I would like to learn Sql Server more so i want the answer.

please be patience to answer the question.

• Yes its , Interview Question..

Actually they asked the same for me to....

• We're not going to give you the answer to interview questions. The point of an interview is to see what you know, not what other people know.

For triggers, start with Books Online and read up on them. For performance tuning, i suggest a google search, it's a huge topic.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • Well gud answer

It has been asked for , i do no , i would like to know the answer so through this i will learn those things to do welll on further..

• troy2.net (6/23/2010)

Well gud answer

It has been asked for , i do no , i would like to know the answer so through this i will learn those things to do welll on further..

If you REALLY wont the job , dont answer that you know how to tune for performance.

You will be caught out very quickly , fired and be unemployable.

The correct answer is (IMO)

"I dont know. Its a massive topic, im reading up right now. Ive have some really good resources from ... and look forward to implementing in a live environment what ive been practising."

Clear Sky SQL
    My Blog[/url]

• am afraid with the subject tag "SQL Doubt -1". OP may have series of interview questions..." SQL doubt -2" etc...;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    For better assistance in answering your questions[/url]
    Perforamance Issues[/url]
    Cross Tabs and Pivots[/url]
    Cross Apply[/url]
    The Numbers or Tally Table- Jeff Moden[/url]

• OffCourse

but now i have changed my mind not posting those question here..

• START PROGRAMMING.....

Prashant Bhatt
    Sr Engineer - Application Programming

• Datatypes , Joins , Trigger , View , and also they ask scenarios to write a query, Index and types , etc..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply