SQL Express 2005 on Vista home premium

• I installed SQL express 2005 on laptop with Vista home premium, then I installed VB6 application that was running perfectly OK on XP. In some parts of the application I get the message "run-time error 2147217914 (80040e06) This chapter is invalid" and the application exits. I could not find any help on the internet. Can any one help me?

• Some applications that did work on XP no longer work on Vista. Try logging on with the administrators account, you may not have sufficient privileges to access certain files. You could also try right clicking on the executable that launches the program and select properties, then go to the compatability tab and choose to run the program in Windows XP (Service Pack 2)

Some commands in MS Visual Studio 2005 no longer work on my colleagues vista home laptop.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck

Chris

• I tried that, but it didn't help! Any other ideas? Thanks.

• Unfortunately I'm fresh out of ideas, perhaps you could try getting in touch with someone tied in with VB and ask them if their application has any specific files that need certain permissions applyinh or perhaps if there's a patch update available to Vista users that you can download.

Sorry I can't be of anymore help.

Chris

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply