SQL Express Tools

• Hi, sorry for the fairly basic question but I want to download SQL Express Tools, but just want the SSMS Tool, not Full Express and I'm having difficulty finding it. I already have a number of live production Express installations on various servers and just want to add the SSMS tool, therefore re-installing Express is not an option, i just want the tool! Thanks

• http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/editions/2012-editions/express.aspx

go to this page, and click on the red button that says "Download SQL Server 2012 Express"

a div will appear with various downloads, so just click the one that says "SQL Server Management Studio (Tools only)"

Lowell

--help us help you! If you post a question, make sure you include a CREATE TABLE... statement and INSERT INTO... statement into that table to give the volunteers here representative data. with your description of the problem, we can provide a tested, verifiable solution to your question! asking the question the right way gets you a tested answer the fastest way possible!

• Thanks for that Lowell, looks like just what I was after!

However when I go to onstall it immediately errors at 0% with no info. I'll chat to our Windows server guys about it.

thank-yuo

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply