SQL jobs not running

• I have a few sql jobs that are not running eventhough they have been enabled.  These jobs call on the DTS packages.  They stopped running since the past 2 weeks.  When I run them manually, they run for a couple of minutes and I don't see them being successful in the 'last run' column.  These jobs take about 45-60 minutes to run.  Can anyone explain to me as to what's happening with these jobs?

Thank you,

Shahrukh Khan

• Is the SQL Agent service running? You can check this from the service controller shipped with SQL 2000 or through EM/SSMS.

- James

--
    James Moore
    Red Gate Software Ltd

• So they are not failing either? Are there any common attributes in what they do/access?

I'd enable some logging and see if a log is generated. Be sure SQL Agent is running as mentioned above and I'd check the Event logs for anything strange. Be sure your SQL Agent service doesn't have some time restrictions.

• The SQL Agent is up and running.  And I did not see any errors in the SQL error log either.

• Two points.

1 When you manually start the job and it finishes, you have to right-click and refresh job in EM to see the updated status.

2 Make sure that both the job and the Schedule are enabled.  The job wont run automatically if it is enabled, but the schedule isn't.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply