SQL MAIL

• Did anyone can help me....I would like to set SQL Server Agent to run a job automatically and notify n=me through e-mail but I got a problem during setting up the SQL Server Agent which is the error is :-

ERROR 18025 : xp_test_mapi_profile failed with mail error 0x80040111

regards,

kenari

kenari7305@yahoo.com

kenari

• Have you created a MAPI profile under the user account which the SQL Server Agent is running? If so, have you set the properties for SQL Server Agent to point to that profile?

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• Keep in mind that SQL Mail runs as the SQLAgent user. you should log into the SERVER using the account that SQLAgent is running under. You then setup Outlook and verify you can send mail. Then use this profile in configuring SQL Mail.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

• Thank you very much for your help..the proble is solve

regards,

kenari(kenari7305@yahoo.com)

quote:

Have you created a MAPI profile under the user account which the SQL Server Agent is running? If so, have you set the properties for SQL Server Agent to point to that profile?

K. Brian Kelley

bkelley@sqlservercentral.com

http://qa.sqlservercentral.com/columnists/bkelley/

kenari

kenari

• Thank you very much for your help..the proble is solve

regards,

kenari(kenari7305@yahoo.com)

quote:

Keep in mind that SQL Mail runs as the SQLAgent user. you should log into the SERVER using the account that SQLAgent is running under. You then setup Outlook and verify you can send mail. Then use this profile in configuring SQL Mail.

Steve Jones

steve@dkranch.net

kenari

kenari

• Pardon my ignorance here but I guess I'm missing something obvious. I'm having the same problem.

Let's say my SQL Server runs under an account named SQLadmin. I have used Outlook Express on the SQL Server machine and have created a POP3 account named "SQLadmin". It uses an email account named SQLadmin@myCompany.com. This email account uses the same password for POP3 email as it uses for the OS authentication.

On the SQL Server Agent Properties dialog, it indicates that the agend runs under the acount .\SQLadmin.

I've tried entering both SQLadmin and SQLadmin@myCompany.com as the value for the Mail profile in the SQL Server Agent Properties dialog. Each time I switch, I have stopped and restarted the agent. But I'm still getting Error 18025 when I try to test sending an email on the SQL S A dialog box.

What am I missing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply