SQL Mail Configuration, Works at first....

• Hello. I'm having an issue setting up SQL Mail. My intent is to use it for notifications in DTS pacakges. I have configured the Mail control panel and outlook to use the mail profile and it works fine. I've sent and recieved e-mailss. However, when I try to test a MAPI session in Enterprise Manager (from Server instance/properties/server settings tab/SQL Mail Change.../Test button), it crashes enterprise manager. When I try a sendmail task in DTS, it says step completed successfully, but I never recieve the e-mail. After trying these two things, I'm no longer able to send a mail through outlook. It returns with the following error, "no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient."

I've seen a ton of other issues on this board about this but I didn't seem to find a resolution. I would really like to avoid a coded alternative such as XPSMTP or other procedures, but I'm getting the feeling that SQL Mail is worthless here. I'm about ready to cash in one of our support calls to microsoft.

• When you configured outlook, did you login using the same account as the service account on your sql-server?  If not, you will need to do that. 

mom

• Yes

• Reconfigure your outlook with new profile and check

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply