SQL Mail & Lotus Notes

• Hi All,

I am currently having problems configuring SQL Mail & Lotus Notes.  Our current production box is (dare I say it..!)  NT4 with SQL Server 7.  We have Notes configured on here and it works just fine.  We also have Notes installed on that server.

Our new server is Win2k and SQL2k.  We have updated our Notes profile to be a POP and SMTP account.  Under our domain login, I have installed SQL Server 2000 and Outlook 2003.  I have configured Outlook and I can send and receive eMails using the Outlook client.

When I went into Enterprise Manager and SQL Mail, I could select the mail profile that I created and it tests successfully.  Also, when I use QA and execute the xp_get_mapi_default_profile extended proc, this returns the correct profile.  I have stopped and started the SQL Mail using xp_stopmail and xp_startmail.

I have attempted sending a test eMail from the Opertators screen as well as trying to send by using xp_sendmail.  These eMails do not get through!

I am a bit confused now as to why I can send via Outlook but not via QA or Enterprise Manager!

Any Idea's?

Thanks,

Clive

• We use Novell network and SQL Mail is not compatible with Novell Network. Since you have SMTP account, WIN2K and SQL Server 2000, you can use CDOSYS to send email. It works for me. See article Q3122893.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply