SQL .net and realtime data feed

• I am looking at SQL server, and this looks like a good a place as I can find to post some questions.

Firstly, Can SQL be connected to a live stock data feed, via a com interface or via  .net (the package I am looking at can connect to visual studio) as SQL has .net connectivity could they be linked?

.net is prefered of course over com interface

Second, the data collected by SQL server can be remotely accessed by PC's on the network and then fed to a com interface so i can pass to a charting package

(and sql can also be accessed via a vpn?) 

Third. I can program a bit in VB not alot are those skills usefull in SQL server?

Thanks

• Which SQL server are you looking at?

If SQL 2005 then

Firstly, yes you can connect to a live stock feed using .Net Assembly/CLR integration

secondly with out knowing further details about your requirements, my answer would be yes you can. you could create a dll which connects to the database, retrieving the data when invoked. but then it depends on your charting package requirements

third, yes you can use your vb skills when programming if you are using the clr integration, but as regarding TSQL you might want to invest a bit more resources. but on the whole it shouldn't be a steep climb for you.

End if

Everything you can imagine is real.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply