SQL Newbie - date ?

• I've got a table for contracts and when input a field dateinput as a default as getdate. What i'm having trouble with is query to show all contracts input today. Can anyone help.

• Select * from dbo.Contracts where DateContrat >=dateadd(D, 0, datediff(D, 0, GetDate())) and < dateadd(D, 1, datediff(D, 0, GetDate()))

• Get error

Server: Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Line 3

Line 3: Incorrect syntax near '<'.

• How about this WHERE clause:

where ContractDate >= cast(floor(cast(getdate() as float)) as datetime)

Phil

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• That works thanks still getting used to sql from access

• and DateContract < dateadd(D, 1, datediff(D, 0, GetDate()))

Also keep in mind that my version will allow for an seek to be made on any avalaible index for that column, while the convert version will force a scan (if made on the column part of the expression, which will always be slower).

Also Phil's version assumes that no future dates are entered in the column.

• Hmmm - my assumption is surely valid?  Assuming Doctor Who's absence, how can 'dateinput' be a future date?

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• I've seen this on my system... Hard too believe but sometimes the users require that (however strange that may be).

• WHERE ContractDate = CONVERT(varchar,GETDATE(),112)

Andy

• Where convert(varchar(50),ContractDate,101) = convert(varchar(50),getdate(),101)

• This (convert(varchar(50),ContractDate,101)) will always force a scan to be executed. You'll kill any performance in that query right from the bat.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply